The Fitness School has partnered with The Austin Spurs to bring an unbelievable experience to our youth in and around the Austin area. We’re looking for 130 – 150 kids to form 8 player teams to play an 8-game season complete with a 2-loss basketball tournament. The Championship game of each division will look to play at The HEB Center before an Austin Spurs home game with the winner celebrated at halftime of that G-League game!
Our recreational league is for both 4th – 12th grade Boys and Girls catering to players of all skill levels and development (Boys and Girl’s teams are separate however if limited girls register, they will play with the boys). The league games are meant to be competitive and fun! Practices and games will be held after 5:30pm during the week and Saturdays in the morning and afternoons.
The K-League also recognizes the current COVID-19 Pandemic and we’ve implemented safety measures following both State and City requirements to ensure our athletes, coaches, staff and guests are protected. The following protocols include but are not limited to the below:
- Currently, spectators will not be allowed in the gym during practice sessions.
- City Ordinance, through 2020, requires all athletes participating indoors during games to wear masks, no exceptions. We’ll assess this during the season and make changes based on player/family safety and City guidelines.
- Please limit (if possible) 2 guests, per player, per K-League game. We’ll assess this during the season and make changes based on player and family safety.
- All spectators must wear a mask and must maintain 6ft of distance while in attendance.
- All players MUST bring their own water bottle, no one will be allowed to drink from the water fountain in the gym.
- Bags will not be allowed in the gyms, players must come with their attire ready for practice/game.
- Every player will bring their own ball, Coaches or K-League will not provide equipment.
- Player temperature will be taken before practice and questions on well-being will be asked.
- Players must sanitize upon entry to the gym and upon their exit.
- The K-League will work with all gyms our athletes play to ensure each site is sanitized after every K-League event.
As an extra precautionary measure, The K-League will offer all enrollees a 50% refund only if the league is cancelled on or before December 30th 2020 due to the Pandemic. After that date, we will move forward as planned with no refunds or cancellations.
K-League Tryouts and Player Evaluations will be held in February of 2021 at Austin Sports Center. Enroll today and secure your child’s spot in what will be an AMAZING experience for all young basketball fans!